Wednesday, January 12, 2011

13 months

On top of all the other holiday festivities the kids have grown by leaps and bounds this month.

They have mastered walking backwards and love to do it when Mommy is chasing after them. They often walk themselves into a corner. They love when Mommy and Daddy chase them and they even play chase themselves. I guess Mommy is finally getting a little exercise. They are getting better at running, but Logan always seems to try and run faster than he can and falls quite often.

I think they have finally begun to understand that Mommy wants them to look at something when she points. They are starting to point as well. They mostly point to the kitchen when they want food or some juice. Sometimes when they are ready to eat they will walk over to their high chairs and wait to be put in them. They are beginning to eat us out of house and home. At least the formula budget has almost gone away. We are not planning on buying anymore formula and they are down to only 1 bottle a day...their bedtime bottle. We have about half or less than half a can left and then we will see what happens.

They are still eating a lot of yogurt and cold cereal with milk for breakfast. And at times I swear Logan thinks he is a monkey...with as many bananas as he eats. For lunch we often have bread, cheese and ham. Sometimes we have bread with peanut butter on it. We have not officially had a sandwich yet, but probably soon. For dinner we usually have pasta or rice dishes with beef or chicken. Snacks mainly include oranges, nilla wafers, gold fish, ritz and occasionally ice cream and cookies.

It has been so nice them feeding themselves finger foods. Mommy can put them in their seats give them food and take some time to do dishes or check her e-mail. Only today Alyssa was done and managed to stand up in the high chair...and it scared Mommy. I guess I need to put the straps back on the high chairs and start using them.

As I am blogging Alyssa has found her way up on the chair at the desk...she loves being a big girl. I don't even know how she got up this time.

They are both starting to try and climb on the couch unassisted and they are almost there. They have also figured out how to get off the bed like big kids so we have left them sleeping on the bed a few times and it is so fun to see them come out of the room on their own after they have woken up. I enjoy it now, but I know when they are bigger and in big kid beds and then get up too early or in the middle of the night I will not think it is so cute.

They can now open the kitchen drawers and pull stuff out so we are going to have to pay attention to what we put in them.

This week Logan has started to walk over to me turn around and sit in my lap. Too Cute.

I am worried that Alyssa is getting attached to her blankie...I am ok with a blankie, but I am not ok with her needing her blankie and it not being there. We will see. Alyssa is also beginning to want me to read her books over and over and over again. After about 5-6 times Mommy is ready to move on.

Since we have been home the kids have been sleeping much better. We put them back into their room and have let them cry themselves back to sleep if they wake up instead of giving them a night time bottle. The first 2 nights were a little rough and the third they woke each other up, but generally even when they are crying kind of loud the other one stays asleep. Mommy has only had to pick one of them up 3 nights over the past 15 nights. I have not slept through the night every night...I do still wake up when they do, I am just not getting up and tending to them every night anymore.

They are beginning to try and say more words copying what we say...sometimes we can make out what they are trying to say. The other day both Alex and I heard Alyssa say two, three.

Recently when I do peek a boo with my hands on my face Alyssa will react by covering her ears with her hands...close, but not quite there.

They defiantly should have gotten climbing toys like I had planned for Christmas/b-day, but I still have not ordered one. I have a few pictures for proof that I need to load.

They seem to be pushing each other a lot lately...hopefully this is not a preview of what is to come.

I think we are just about caught up. I will try and not get so far behind again.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Walking backwards? I'm sure they're having lots of fun with that. Way to go with the bottle conversion. I'm sure it will be nice not buying so much formula.