Thursday, December 9, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LITTLE ONES!!!

Today our sweet little ones are the ripe old age of 1. I can not believe how fast this year has come and gone. Refelcting back on this day last year is almost too emotional for me. We waited many, many, many years for the arrival of our sweet children and looking back it still feels like a dream. All I can say is I am so glad that it is not a year ago today...I don't think I have the energy to do this past year all over again.

It takes me a while to accept growing up. Each year of school I finally accepted (or felt like it was a reality instead of a dream...not that I was in denial or did not want it) that I was in a particular grade when it was time to move on to the next grade. Same thing has happened with the kids. I finally felt like I was actully pregnant (not just dreaming) when we had the kids. And it probably took me about 9 months to feel like the kids were really here with us (instead of just a wonderful 9 month long dream). I can't even count how many times I asked Alex, Can you believe these are our kids?

So pretty much as soon as I got over the shock that we actully do have kids they are already turning 1. I thought of getting them a climbing toy for b-day/Christmas, but I still have not gotten aroung to ordering it.

- - -
Month 11 truned out better than it started. And they have grown so much this past month.

Logan's mouth has exploded and he now has 9 teeth (including 2 molars) and Alyssa is now up to 6. They are both getting off the couch like big kids now and can climb up when the right toy is next to the couch. I think all of their toys now make noise. Logan absolutely loves the pink mini van that Alyssa got for her b-day. It has a button on the front that he will press non stop. Luckily they have a Mom that is not bothered by the sounds of play, but I think they can get on Dad's nerves after so long.

If Logan stands on his toes and reaches as high as he can...he can now reach our countertops. They are beginning to like to be chased and like to use our kitchen table as a fort. Mom joins them in the fort once in a while.

Alyssa has started joining Mom in primary on Sundays. Mom is ready for them to start going to nursery, but that will not be until June. 6 more months...for the sake of Sundays I hope they go fast.

We started trying to get them to take milk about a week ago. They have not taken to it yet. Alyssa will drink it more than Logan. We have yogrut for breakfast and some cheerios. And we are still mostly doing baby food for lunch and dinner since Mommy is still not cooking as much as she should be.

Our 1 yr check up with the Dr is on Monday.

No comments: