We were able to work on a few projects last month, but I have been busy and have not had a chance to post lately. We got the garden ready and planted some onions and garlic...more will be planted next month.
I also decided to add some shelves in the pantry. There is so much wasted space in a standard pantry that I decided that we should customize it to our needs. Here are a few picts of the project. I was lazy and did not paint them first so one of these days I will have to unload the pantry to paint them. Probably not the smartest decision...oh well.
Here are the before shots...
During...
And after...You can't see them all but we added 7 shelves...and now the pantry holds so much more and is easier to keep organized :)
And our last project in January was in the living room. Alex noticed one day at Wal-mart while we were in Houston for the holidays that they had a shower curtain that looked a lot like our drapes in the living room. So finally about a month later while I was at Wal-mart here I remembered and decided to look and see if they still had them...they did so I bought one and 2 cheap pillows from Ross to use as pillow forms. Then I made new covers for them and we have 2 throw pillows in the living room now :)
2 comments:
That is impressive. Maybe I should hire you to fix our pantry!
I will definitely show Scott. (He thinks he's a carpenter). I really like the idea of the smaller shelves. Very clever.
Post a Comment