Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New Bed


Well we have finally taken the hit to the pocket book and bought ourselves a new bed. We picked up the bed frame on Thursday. Thanks for the help Casey and Eric! We love the frame. It is the first time we have ever had anything other than a cheap metal frame. It really makes a difference in our room; it actually is beginning to look like a complete bedroom. We are really excited.

We bought the mattress and frame from 2 different places so we had the frame 4 days earlier than the mattress so this is what it looked like the first few days.
Yesterday our bed was delivered. We both prefer a soft bed...our last bed was a pillow top and we loved it. We tried a few out at many stores over the past year or so and we decided to go with a 3" memory foam top since the full on memory foam beds are too expensive...especially since we went from Queen to King. It is crazy how much more the extra foot and a half costs. So last night was our first night on the new bed...we were not impressed. I am so disappointed. At the store laying down on it I think it was the most comfortable bed in the showroom (at least at a price I was willing to pay…but there were many more that were more expensive that were not as comfortable) I think the problem is I don’t sleep on my back like I laid down at the store, I sleep on my side. We will give it at least a week (or two if our backs can handle it) to see if we adjust to it, but I am not hopeful. They will accept returns or exchanges for a 10% restocking fee and delivery charges. So if we decide that this bed is not for us we are out about $200 and don't have a thing to show for it...except for 2 achy backs :(

We will be spending a third of the remainder of our lives on this bed (or at least until we need to get another one)...I need to be comfortable in it...How much is that worth and can I afford it?

UPDATE - Well today is 12/1 and we seem to be sleeping on the bed just fine. I didn't think we would get used to it, but aparently we did., but I think I will hold on to the receipt for the next 25 days just in case :)

Here is our new bed...someday we will get the nightstands.

3 comments:

Stoddard Family said...

How is the new bed working for you?

Melissa said...

Hope the bed works out. If not, it's worth the money to spend on a bed you can get a good night's sleep on.

SummerV said...

What a beautiful bed and I love the bedding!