We had our Primary Program yesterday and I think it went wonderfully, we had at least 90% attendance (of those that attend regularly.) We began working on it back in August and had it planned for Nov 9th, some things came up so it was rescheduled to yesterday. So I have had lots of time to think about it. I don't think I ever stressed about it, I am just a planner so I must admit I would think about it often and think of things I could do to try and make it a little better and easier on the leaders and children.
So since I don't think I ever stressed about it I thought it was strange that I had a weird primary dream last night. (And I only remember my dreams once in a while, but they are always the weird ones). It was not about a primary program so maybe there is no connection there.
I dreamed that I had been called to another primary as 2nd counselor and it was not a pretty sight. It was in my old church building in Katy (This is a recurring setting for many of my dreams...weird!). I had never been in this primary organization so I was not familiar with how they ran everything. I showed up and the only member of the presidency (other than myself I guess) was the 1st counselor. She was up front and we had about 40 kids and maybe 2 teachers. They were not listening at all, some of them had brought food in…it was just all around horrible. I went up to one of them that had something small they were eating (I'm talking bowl and spoon small...others had a lot of food) and I motioned my question of is this ok and I got a yes as long as it is not a lot of food. Next thing I remember we had about 20 minutes left in Primary. This primary room is the kid where it is the big primary room in the middle down at the end of a hall and has the curtains on either side for classes. We always had 2 classes on the left and on the right they primary leaders would keep their stuff and they had the closets and whatever else...so back to the dream...we had AT LEAST 20 minutes left in Primary and I look over and the curtain on the right was open and all of the parents were already to the side waiting for Primary to be over so they could take their kids home. All I could think was shouldn't you all still be in YOUR classes. I was new to the ward so I didn't say anything, just couldn't believe how chaotic and poorly run the organization was in the ward I can been called to.
Good thing it was only a dream.
I think our ward has a great organization and am even happier to serve in it today after that strange dream. I love my calling and all of the wonderful children I get to serve and all of the dedicated leaders and teachers I get to serve with.
No comments:
Post a Comment