Sunday, August 10, 2008

August Family Visit

We don't get to go out of town often with Alex in his MBA program, but we had this weekend off so we headed down to Vicotria to see Alex's family. We had a great time. When we got there one of our nephews was at Alex's parent's house and wanted to go bowling so we bowled with the 2 older boys and had a blast. I must say I think that was my worst game ever!!! I don't think it helped that for about 2 or 3 frames I was on my cell phone :) Is there anything we won't do with a cell phone these days? In the 9th frame it looked like my nephew (who is 11) was going to beat me, but I put down the phone for the 10th frame and pulled off the win. Our other nephew, who is 5, was in the lane next to us with bumpers and believe it or not threw a strike one frame and the ball never touched the bumpers. We were all impressed.

The baby of the Esquivel family is now pushing 2 and runs non stop. He sure loves his grandpa. I think I heard him say "Hi Po-po" about a hundred times Friday night:)


Saturday, much to my delight, my Mom, Sister-in-law, and her 2 kids came down to Vicotria, so I was able to spend a few hours with all of my nephews and my niece this weekend. They came and picked up our old table that we used in college for my brothers who are sharing an apartment this year down in College Station. It is still hard to believe that they are both in college now and that my baby sister, who was 5 when I went off to college, is now a Sophomore in HS. That makes me feel a little old.

4 comments:

The Torres Family said...

Yea! The Esquivels!! Now I have to go update my blog, too. That's crazy that your little sister is a sophomore in HS!! I remember her when she came over to the condo and was the same age as my daughter now. Just crazy!! Great to see you guys and keep up with you!

Melissa said...

So glad you have a blog. =)

Ruth said...

seriously thanks for making me feel old because i remember how little you sister was back in the day. wow long time!!

Lauren said...

Welcome to the blogging world!