Some of the best times are spent while we are "patiently" waiting for something.
Today after church we had tithing settlement scheduled for 3:30. We are usually walking in the door at home at 2:30 and the kids are tired and ready or almost ready for naps. I knew I didn't want to bring them home have them fall asleep on the way home just to turn around and get them up so we could go back to church 40 minutes later so we stayed and waited.
First, we passed time by going to the truck to get the snacks I brought to try and help pass the time. Then, we went inside for a little while and visited with friends and were bribed with candy. This got us up to about 3:00. We still had about 30 minutes to go and we were done with snacks and ready to go home so we went outside.
It was a beautiful windy afternoon. The kids were chasing after the flying leaves...then they were lifting leaves above their heads and letting go to set them into flight...then they started running around the trees...then they began climbing the trees and swinging from the one branch Logan and Alyssa (assisted) could reach...finally we had a nice walk around the building singing "I Am a Child of God" since they will be in primary in a few weeks I figured it isn't too early to familarize them with more than just the first verse of the song.
We survived and experienced lots of fun new activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment