Today I am ever so grateful for the priesthood that Alex holds and how he is able to bless our family at any given moment.
Last night was one of those times. Logan had another febrile seizure about 5:18 last night. It is his second one and the first time I have been home with him when it has happened. I quickly moved him to the floor and on his side since that is what I could remember that Alex did last time and that the paramedics said he did right and then called Alex frantically and asked if there was anything else I needed to do. Just try and cool him down and wait it out...and make sure he keeps breathing and then try and help him settle down and keep trying to cool him down.
It lasted probably 2 minuites or so...it felt like an eternity. His joints were stiff, he was shaking, his eyes rolled back and he was non-responsive...then he started foaming at the mouth. After the seizure he started having the chills and he was still unresponsive for a few more minutes. Cassie showed up not long after the seizure while he was still unresponsive and shaking from the chills. I just kep talking to him and was so excited when he started to cry and was responsive again. He was upset for quite a while and a few times while I was holding him I was worried he may be seizing again so I kept checking his joints for stiffness when he seemed a little unresponsive agian. It was pretty crazy and I really don't know what all was going on, but not much later Alex showed up and then shorty thereafter took him into our room and gave him a blessing...and it seemed immediately after that was when Logan was able to start calming down some. He came back in the living room and Logan was happy to be in Alex's arms and although he did not like the cold rags on him, he put up with it. At one point Alex measured and he was at 102.1. I tried to check earlier, but had just put water on his head and did not get a good reading so I don't know if it got higher than that or not.
About an hour and a half later Logan had been able to calm and cool down enough to fall asleep on Mommy & Daddy's bed...but he didn't sleep long...maybe 20 minutes...then he heard Alyssa in the living room watching Mater and he wanted to watch too.
Doug helped out by running to Walgreens for us and getting some meds and then Cassie and Doug both came back about 2 hrs after the ordeal with some much needed dinner.
So grateful for the peace and calm as I was able to feel strangly at the same time I was feeling so helpless, thankful for the power of the priesthood and the access my family ahs to it, and thankful for great friends who are so willing to support even when we are all just standing around not really sure what if anything we can be doing to help.
No comments:
Post a Comment