Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Train Table

So I have been considering getting them a train table for a while now...although I am not a big fan of the price or the floor space it will take up, but I know the kids like trains and I would rather have a dedicated spot rather than putting together and takin apart train tracks all the time.

About a week after Thanksgiving I saw the one I had been looking at for $170 down to $100 so I talked to Alex about it and he did not seem very interested so I didn't get it and then the next day when I looked the price was back up.

So I kept looking online hoping that it would go on sale again...because now that I know the price will go down that much I am not willing to pay anymore than that.  Well it went on sale again and I still don't get it and it went back up again the next day...to which Alex replied I asked you if you got it, but I still was not sure if he was for it or not.

So he went to work the next Monday and started sending me craigs list listings for train tables and we found one we liked...same model but a year older and a few additional trains for $85 so I e-mailed them and never heard back.

So Wednesday we find another train table...last years as well that is still in the box for $70...so I am thinking this is the one and I am all exctied since it is only $70, but they never e-mailed or called me back either...seriously people don't you know how craigs list works?

Anyways Friday evening I check my e-mail and the table is going on sale again Sat AM...so we bought it :)

Anyways that is not why I wanted to post.  We set it up Sunday after church and the kids played with it all evening.  Monday morning Logan woke up at 5 AM came and paced the side of my bed three times and then said "choo, choo" and went to the living room to play with his trains.  To which I quickly jumped out of bed and told him...it is still time to sleep and made him lay down with me. 


They played all day Monday with it.  We had to take 3 trains with us to the Dr's office.  At lunch time I asked Logan if he wanted to eat bites and he said, no play choo, choo.  Alyssa did not want to go to bed last night either...she said I want to play choo, choo.  They are loving this thing.  Hopefully they continue loving it and it does not become a huge toy that takes up way too much space that they don't even touch.  We will see, but as of now...we are getting our moneys worth :)

No comments: