We officially have a crawler. She is crawling all over...and is drawn to the electrical cords. I guess it is time to REALLY babyproff. They are 7 months tomorrow...they are seriously growing too fast.
They get into everything. They are still staying in the living room, but I am sure that is going to be short lived...I am going to have to put up some barriers. I have found Alyssa in the saucer of the entertainer...Logan has been pulling open and closing the bottom drawer on the entertainment center. They both got into the candle holder that is about 6 inches up on the entertainment center. About a dozen times now they have knocked over the picture that is on the bottom shelf and they daily reach up and pull over the toy box and dump out the toys.
We borrowed a jumperoo from a friend and Logan has a blast in it. He loves to jump, but it is hard to tell when he has had enough because he keeps jumping in an attempt to get out when he is done.
They are so cute when they are looking at themselves in the mirror. They are now in 6-9 months clothes and we are borderline into size 4 diapers. I think the next box we buy will be 4. We keep waking up wet and have to change clothes almost every morning. We measured them on Tues night at home and they are measuring 21 lbs.
Unfortunately when we bought Logan's car seat we had no idea that the 22 lbs limit would not make us to 1 yr. We really had no idea what the average weight of a 1 yr old so we assumed that the seat we got would be fine. I guess we either hope the seat is fine or look into getting a new one.
Last Friday after Alex got home from work we were all sitting in the living room and the kids were in a good mood they just keep looking at each other and laughing. I was so glad that Alex was here to see it. There are so many things I can't get on the camera...especially since it is full and I have not saved the pictures and cleared the card yet. We are going to have a ball with these two :)
Life is thankfully starting to adjust back to a normal schedule. Logan is doing much better at night and we hope to move him into the nursery soon. I am just procrastinating becasue I know it will be an adjustment for them both so I think Alyssa will be woken up a few times while Logan is still struggling.
We keep thinking back as to how hard it was in the beginning...we were truly walking zombies.
One of my favorite stories from their first month was one morning I woke up and my Mom was here and she had gotten Alyssa and was feeding her and then I got up and noticed that her pants were not on so I asked Mom about it and she said that she did not have them on when she got her out of the crib. So I went in to find them and noticed that Logan had both pairs of pants on. Aparently Alex was so tired that night that during a diaper change for Logan he put both pairs on him. I had to wake him up to tell him what he had done :)
3 comments:
How fun! You will have so much fun chasing them, also times of frustration. But, looking back, it's all great. :)
Oh...Ainsley got to a point when she was wetting through her diapers at night, so I have to get her huggies night time diapers. They work great and I haven't had a problem with her wetting through any more. I tried the pampers night time, but they didn't work as well, and she got rashes from those.
Oh Melissa, that is hilarious what Alex did, I am laughing out loud!!
I love getting you updates, and wish I could meet the twins. Maybe we will have to plan a roadtrip down, or you guys could come up, so we coudl meet everyones kids. Like your friend suggested you might want to switch to the Huggies Overnight diapers. We have used them with both kids.
Post a Comment