
The kids are doing great. They went in on Tuesday for their 2 month visit.
Logan - is now 9lbs 14.5 oz almost double his 5 lb birthweight. He is at least 21 inches now...I don't trust the nurses measurements. He is measuring 10%. He did as well as I thought he would with his vaccinations...just a little cry and then he was fine. He has more hair than he started with, he uses his hands a lot. I think it was back in December when he first started trying to hold the bottle himself. He has been a joy to feed as well becasue he wants to hold on to you while he is eating if he does not have the bottle. Unfortunately along with that he also scratches his face way too often. He can follow you with his eyes, but he favors one side of his neck so he won't turn his head yet. I think all of his baby acne is gone, but the Dr. said his hernia and red spot (not the technical term) will probably go away by the time his is 2. He is our little cuddle bug and loves sleeping in our bed. They never do over night, but from the time Dad leaves for work around 6:30 and 9-10 am they can often be found in our bed. Some of the nicknames he has been given are my little pony, logie, and goat boy to name a few most are referring to the many sounds these kids have made during thier lives. Not to mention ALEX JR. referring to his ability to sleep anywhere in any position and always sleeping...taking after his Father. He is a pretty calm baby, but if he is not happy he is quick to get mad and his face will turn red and he will tell you what is on his mind...which is usually Mom hurry up I am starving over here. He is still pretty much on the eat every 4 hrs schedule...actually I think he has a built in alarm clock set to every 4 hrs, but sometimes he will make it 5.
Alyssa - is now 10 lbs 14 oz...exactly double her birthweight of 5 lb 7 oz is almost a pound more then her big brother. The nurse had her at 21.5 inches. She is measuring 25%. She also did as well as I thought she would with the shots. She was screaming and wanted absolutely nothing to do with them. Luckily Alex was able to make this appointment as well and we could both tend to them. Daddy has not missed an appointment yet, but I am sure he will sooner than later. She has also learned to use her hands some, but that is a more recent development. I am convinced that last week she discovered her tongue. Good for her, bad for keeping her binki in. We waited the 4 weeks before we gave them to them and they have used them since. She is not a fan of tummy time especially on the floor, but even against your chest she does not want to be limited to what she can see so she has a very strong neck and looks as though she is strong enough to do push ups. She also has very strong legs...she is already standing up on our laps when we hold her. She has recently developed a little rash on her face and chest so hopefully that clears up soon. I think she spits up more than her brother, but they both do it alot. The new couches did not stay new too long, but they still look great and we have a 4 year plan on them. Some of her nickmanes are toad belly, princess toadstool...referring to her enormous belly (compared to Logan's about a month or so ago) followed by her skinny waist and straight legs. He legs are a bit more filled out now so it is not as dramatic anymore. She too was a my little pony for the same reason...they make the cutest/strangest sounds. She gets upset much faster and more often than her brother does. She can be very demanding and over the past week or two has become more fussy and they both seem to be a bit more needy...I think just because they are starting to be awake more...although she has been the one that has spent more time awake. Everyone comments on her big beautiful eyes while Logan is usually asleep, but he is starting to be more awake...but I think he keeps his eyes shut while he is awake sometime while he is eating and just chillin. Alyssa has made some great progress in my book this week. Sunday night she went 6 hrs between feedings followed by Monday night a 7 hr span. Last night (Wed) she did another 6 hr and that makes my nights so much more bearable...it is almost like having 1 baby at night, but then their day schedules are screwed up and I am feeding one of them every 2 hrs, but it still feels better...I have a little more energy this way.
I feel bad that her paragraph is longer, but in most of it I am talking about both of them. They are still a bit restless while they sleep and we always find them with their arms in the strangest positions. I wish I could keep the house a little cooler. Our electric bill is climbing dramatically and this extra cold winter is not helping. Our last 3 bills were ~$60 (before babies) $160 (1 week of babies) $460 (month of babies) who knows what the next one will be...luckily we were gone a week so hopefully it will be less than the last. We need to do something to make our house more energy efficient. I have lots of pictures and info I still need to post, but duty calls so we will see when that happens.
Logan - is now 9lbs 14.5 oz almost double his 5 lb birthweight. He is at least 21 inches now...I don't trust the nurses measurements. He is measuring 10%. He did as well as I thought he would with his vaccinations...just a little cry and then he was fine. He has more hair than he started with, he uses his hands a lot. I think it was back in December when he first started trying to hold the bottle himself. He has been a joy to feed as well becasue he wants to hold on to you while he is eating if he does not have the bottle. Unfortunately along with that he also scratches his face way too often. He can follow you with his eyes, but he favors one side of his neck so he won't turn his head yet. I think all of his baby acne is gone, but the Dr. said his hernia and red spot (not the technical term) will probably go away by the time his is 2. He is our little cuddle bug and loves sleeping in our bed. They never do over night, but from the time Dad leaves for work around 6:30 and 9-10 am they can often be found in our bed. Some of the nicknames he has been given are my little pony, logie, and goat boy to name a few most are referring to the many sounds these kids have made during thier lives. Not to mention ALEX JR. referring to his ability to sleep anywhere in any position and always sleeping...taking after his Father. He is a pretty calm baby, but if he is not happy he is quick to get mad and his face will turn red and he will tell you what is on his mind...which is usually Mom hurry up I am starving over here. He is still pretty much on the eat every 4 hrs schedule...actually I think he has a built in alarm clock set to every 4 hrs, but sometimes he will make it 5.
Alyssa - is now 10 lbs 14 oz...exactly double her birthweight of 5 lb 7 oz is almost a pound more then her big brother. The nurse had her at 21.5 inches. She is measuring 25%. She also did as well as I thought she would with the shots. She was screaming and wanted absolutely nothing to do with them. Luckily Alex was able to make this appointment as well and we could both tend to them. Daddy has not missed an appointment yet, but I am sure he will sooner than later. She has also learned to use her hands some, but that is a more recent development. I am convinced that last week she discovered her tongue. Good for her, bad for keeping her binki in. We waited the 4 weeks before we gave them to them and they have used them since. She is not a fan of tummy time especially on the floor, but even against your chest she does not want to be limited to what she can see so she has a very strong neck and looks as though she is strong enough to do push ups. She also has very strong legs...she is already standing up on our laps when we hold her. She has recently developed a little rash on her face and chest so hopefully that clears up soon. I think she spits up more than her brother, but they both do it alot. The new couches did not stay new too long, but they still look great and we have a 4 year plan on them. Some of her nickmanes are toad belly, princess toadstool...referring to her enormous belly (compared to Logan's about a month or so ago) followed by her skinny waist and straight legs. He legs are a bit more filled out now so it is not as dramatic anymore. She too was a my little pony for the same reason...they make the cutest/strangest sounds. She gets upset much faster and more often than her brother does. She can be very demanding and over the past week or two has become more fussy and they both seem to be a bit more needy...I think just because they are starting to be awake more...although she has been the one that has spent more time awake. Everyone comments on her big beautiful eyes while Logan is usually asleep, but he is starting to be more awake...but I think he keeps his eyes shut while he is awake sometime while he is eating and just chillin. Alyssa has made some great progress in my book this week. Sunday night she went 6 hrs between feedings followed by Monday night a 7 hr span. Last night (Wed) she did another 6 hr and that makes my nights so much more bearable...it is almost like having 1 baby at night, but then their day schedules are screwed up and I am feeding one of them every 2 hrs, but it still feels better...I have a little more energy this way.
I feel bad that her paragraph is longer, but in most of it I am talking about both of them. They are still a bit restless while they sleep and we always find them with their arms in the strangest positions. I wish I could keep the house a little cooler. Our electric bill is climbing dramatically and this extra cold winter is not helping. Our last 3 bills were ~$60 (before babies) $160 (1 week of babies) $460 (month of babies) who knows what the next one will be...luckily we were gone a week so hopefully it will be less than the last. We need to do something to make our house more energy efficient. I have lots of pictures and info I still need to post, but duty calls so we will see when that happens.

3 comments:
Great post! I loved hearing about their progress. Have a fun trip. Glad everything was well with Logan. They are sweet kids. I loved getting to snuggle them last weekend.
I love this post. Their cute personalities are definitely starting to appear more and more!
Sweet photos!!!! You'll be so glad you took the time to write down what they are doing. They grow and change so fast.
Post a Comment