Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Copper Mountain 2009

Well I am almost back to my routine. We got back late Friday night from our trip to Colorado and I have been swamped at work trying to catch up, but I think tomorrow I will finally feel like I have.

Alex and I went to Copper Mountain Colorado with our friends Doug & Cassie this year. We had a blast! 4 days on the slopes...(and 2 in the car).

I am still a beginner...I have only been boarding for 8 days now over the past 3 years...all things considered I think I am doing pretty well :) This year I have improved by being able to ride toe side and switch back to heel side effortlessly clockwise, but I have not had any success switching back to toe side. Maybe next year. I have had a few painful falls over my total of 8 days so I am not being that aggressive.

So here are a few pictures from the trip.

Here is one from the bottom of the lift

Us at the bottom of the lift

on the lift


top of the lift

Us at the top of the lift

on the slopes

Us on the slopes

and us sitting on the ice chair

We have a ton more pictures, but we missed our photographer...wish you could have come Jenny we would have had a ton more action shots...next time I guess

I wish more of you could have joined us. The more the merrier I always say :)

2 comments:

Patti said...

That looks incredible and scary. I haven't been snow skiing in my life (yet). What a fun get-away. And you'll eventually catch back up at work (or not), either way, you had a fantastic trip.

Ruth said...

looks like fun-- i haven't ever been and think that it would be great but then again i am really clumsy so maybe it would not be the best idea