Friday, November 7, 2008
Painting Peddler
Last night a guy came knocking on our door trying to sell some paintings. He was probably early 20's maybe mid and very soft-spoken. I got the impression that he was from Europe somewhere. The pictures were gorgeous. He showed me about 15 of them and I was amazed and although I didn't intend on buying one...at least not on the spot like that I asked how much $90-160. They were probably about 24X30. I don't think I can describe how impressed I was by them. Even after hearing the price I was still interested...especially since they were hand painted. Alex was at school so I asked him if he had a card so I could get with him later about the paintings and he said that he didn't. I was a little bummed...especially when I walked into our office and saw a stack of stretched canvases that I plan on painting myself...I just don't know what I want to paint...and know they won't look nearly as gorgeous as the ones he had already done. I guess we both lost out on the deal. If he really wanted to sell them he could have at least asked if I could write down his name and number and get back with him later. Oh well...Life goes on. Who knows how my art pieces will turn out? Hopefully well enough to display, or that was a waste of money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment