We couldn't just put regular cabinets in because they wouldn't be deep enough or hold enough weight so we had to find something that would work. We found some heavy duty shelving units that said they hold around 2000 lbs. That is about all I could fit in the space anyhow so we went with them. I must admit that I was surprised how expensive metal shelving is, but we are going to make it look great and it is definitely needed.
Here is the food that we currently have that needed a place to live.
Here is the metal shelving unit. With the wood it is about 2 feet deep. Much deeper than standard upper cabinets.
And this is what it looks like today. They have about 1000 lbs on them right now.
We still need to make and hang the doors and stain everything and add the hardware and replace the current light globe with a recessed light so we can open and close the cabinet doors. So maybe I was wrong before...maybe we are about 70% done. I just hate to think that we only have a C on the project so far.
4 comments:
It looks awesome so far! Way to go.
I'm jealous, truly. You'll be so glad when it's all done (and then you'll find another project...) So fun to hear what you're up to.
You have made a lot of progress since I last saw it. Way to go! I'm very impressed. I had told Kyle about it and now I have something to show him. Thanks for posting.
Look at you guys! Very nice. You have done an amazing job. I can't wait to have a real house that we can add and change what we would like.
Post a Comment